One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The situation prevailing in a market in which elements of monopoly allow individual producers or consumers to exercise some control over market prices.
- ‘Market measures of imperfect competition used in this study arc the Lerner index, buyers' market shares, and the seller concentration ratio.’
- ‘Thirdly, trade liberalization limits the market power of firms, and as a consequence, price distortions resulting from imperfect competition will decrease and efficiency will increase.’
- ‘In chapter 2, however, we learn about market failure and imperfect competition.’
- ‘But neoclassical economics can readily expand to models of imperfect competition that are perfectly capable of generating it.’
- ‘There are arguments for free trade even if trade flows respond more to imperfect competition than to comparative advantage.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.