One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘But the imperatival character of this law is only felt in our feeling constrained to do some specific action, and is not separable from this.’
- ‘Thus descriptive claims cannot entail the extra expressive or imperatival component that according to the non-cognitivist is part of the meaning of moral terms.’
- ‘On the other hand bare belief in an impersonal order of claims, while it is compatible with their absolute authority, does not provide the personal basis which their imperatival quality requires.’
- ‘The infinitive is most likely imperatival, an uncommon infinitive in the New Testament.’
- ‘The relationship of hierarchies of imperatival policies to responsibility, and to authority policies, is discussed.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.