One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The effective resistance of an electric circuit or component to alternating current, arising from the combined effects of ohmic resistance and reactance.
Impedance is usually expressed as a complex quantity Z = R + jX, where R is resistance, X is reactance, and j is the imaginary square root of −1See also acoustic impedance
- ‘When impedance is reached, the energy shuts off and a tone alerts OR staff members that fusion is complete.’
- ‘Figure 3 shows the display when the cable is terminated in its characteristic impedance of 50 ohms.’
- ‘The technique is based on the principle that lean tissue has a higher electrical conductivity and a lower impedance rate than fat.’
- ‘In contrast, the configurations and sizes of the nozzles of the first and the second head members are identical, and their impedances are also the same.’
- ‘The transponder alters the impedance of the tuned circuit in accordance with the coded pattern.’
- ‘A high impedance probe for the spectrum analyzer is essential.’
- ‘Each antenna features vertical polarization, with an impedance of 50 ohms.’
- ‘Electrical impedance spectroscopy is a method for studying the structure of organic and inorganic materials.’
- ‘The passive antenna elements are coupled to selectable impedance components.’
- ‘This was because the coupling resistance value had inverse effects on the amount of current arriving and on the impedance of the neurite.’
- ‘As the signal propagates down a path, the voltage magnitude is related to the effective impedance up to the point in the signal's flight.’
- ‘An impedance matching circuit is provided for each signal-carrying wire pair of the first and second wire pair sets.’
- ‘The constant impedance is maintained despite changes in temperature and voltage by using two external resistors to hold the impedances for all the I / O pins, which can number hundreds in the larger parts.’
- ‘Electric impedance tomography is a new imaging technique that is potentially capable of monitoring those imbalances.’
- ‘Will the electric impedance tomography technique be improved further?’
- ‘The instrument must show the true rms value of the voltage across the measuring impedance.’
- ‘If the load impedance is not equal to the transmission line impedance, the wattmeter will indicate the amount of reflected power.’
- ‘Note that impedance and reactance are both given in units of ‘ohms’ just like resistance.’
- ‘It may be expressed as IX, where X, the reactance, is the imaginary part of the impedance.’
- ‘This greatly minimizes crosstalk among signals and helps to balance the effective impedance of each line at high frequencies.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.