One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Equal treatment of all rivals or disputants; fairness.‘entries had to be submitted under a pseudonym to ensure impartiality in the judging process’
- ‘It needs to be discussed critically, as a measure of our impartiality.’
- ‘His political sense made him an asset to any Cabinet, whilst his deep sense of duty to the law ensured that he would defend its impartiality.’
- ‘This promotes impartiality and minimizes conflicts of interest.’
- ‘The appearance of impartiality must be maintained in all investigative forums.’
- ‘He showed tactful impartiality.’
- ‘It is typically a well-known member of the community who participates in the audit to ensure the impartiality of the other four auditors.’
- ‘Its success depends on the role of trial by jury and the impartiality of judges.’
- ‘When even academic research is often funded by business, it is not always possible to trust its impartiality.’
- ‘She maintains a consistent impartiality as she analyzes the bizarre system of punishment.’
- ‘He tries hard to stress his impartiality and that by expressing his opinions as a journalist he is only doing his job.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.