One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Equal treatment of all rivals or disputants; fairness.‘entries had to be submitted under a pseudonym to ensure impartiality in the judging process’
- ‘His political sense made him an asset to any Cabinet, whilst his deep sense of duty to the law ensured that he would defend its impartiality.’
- ‘Its success depends on the role of trial by jury and the impartiality of judges.’
- ‘He tries hard to stress his impartiality and that by expressing his opinions as a journalist he is only doing his job.’
- ‘She maintains a consistent impartiality as she analyzes the bizarre system of punishment.’
- ‘This promotes impartiality and minimizes conflicts of interest.’
- ‘The appearance of impartiality must be maintained in all investigative forums.’
- ‘He showed tactful impartiality.’
- ‘When even academic research is often funded by business, it is not always possible to trust its impartiality.’
- ‘It needs to be discussed critically, as a measure of our impartiality.’
- ‘It is typically a well-known member of the community who participates in the audit to ensure the impartiality of the other four auditors.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.