One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The condition of being or process of becoming impacted, especially of faeces in the intestine.
- ‘The diagnosis of foreign-body aspiration with secondary mucoid impaction in healthy adults is subtle.’
- ‘Complications from capsule endoscopy, such as impaction and small bowel stricture, have been reported.’
- ‘Constipation is a serious problem, because patients with PD are particularly susceptible to impaction, obstruction, volvulus, and paralytic ileus.’
- ‘The medical history should also identify such contributing factors as diabetes, stroke, lumbar disc disease, chronic lung disease, fecal impaction and cognitive impairment.’
- ‘The relation to mucoid impaction of the bronchus and acute bronchopulmonary fungal disease should also be re-evaluated.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.