One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The condition of being or process of becoming impacted, especially of faeces in the intestine.
- ‘The relation to mucoid impaction of the bronchus and acute bronchopulmonary fungal disease should also be re-evaluated.’
- ‘Complications from capsule endoscopy, such as impaction and small bowel stricture, have been reported.’
- ‘Constipation is a serious problem, because patients with PD are particularly susceptible to impaction, obstruction, volvulus, and paralytic ileus.’
- ‘The diagnosis of foreign-body aspiration with secondary mucoid impaction in healthy adults is subtle.’
- ‘The medical history should also identify such contributing factors as diabetes, stroke, lumbar disc disease, chronic lung disease, fecal impaction and cognitive impairment.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.