One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The backdrop of stars was perceived as representing God in its permanence and immutability; only the sublunar sphere encircling the earth was subject to change and decay.’
- ‘They often invoke the concept of divine immutability to oppose any change.’
- ‘Lessing here is laying her own claim to immortality through the immutability of her creations.’
- ‘At the same time, symbolic associations with the moon-goddesses, Diana, Phoebe and Cynthia, signified both England's sea-power and the Queen's immutability and continuing potency, despite her advancing age.’
- ‘One might add other properties he accepted, such as homogeneity, immutability, and continuity, and probably impenetrability.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.