One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘One might add other properties he accepted, such as homogeneity, immutability, and continuity, and probably impenetrability.’
- ‘They often invoke the concept of divine immutability to oppose any change.’
- ‘Lessing here is laying her own claim to immortality through the immutability of her creations.’
- ‘At the same time, symbolic associations with the moon-goddesses, Diana, Phoebe and Cynthia, signified both England's sea-power and the Queen's immutability and continuing potency, despite her advancing age.’
- ‘The backdrop of stars was perceived as representing God in its permanence and immutability; only the sublunar sphere encircling the earth was subject to change and decay.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.