One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to or denoting techniques making use of the absorption of antibodies by insoluble preparations of antigens.
- ‘In bancroftian filariasis, detection of circulating antigen by enzyme linked immunosorbent assay or rapid immunochromatographic testing has replaced microscopy.’
- ‘An antigen assay using enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay technology has proven sensitivity of approximately 90%.’
- ‘In Nicaragua, for example, the national reference laboratory of the Ministry of Health adapted an enzyme linked immunosorbent assay kit for diagnosing dengue fever.’
- ‘Immunologic or antigenic fibrinogen can be quantitated by radial immunodiffusion or enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay.’
- ‘All 79 patients were seronegative for the HIV antibody by the enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.