One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to or denoting techniques making use of the absorption of antibodies by insoluble preparations of antigens.
- ‘Immunologic or antigenic fibrinogen can be quantitated by radial immunodiffusion or enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay.’
- ‘All 79 patients were seronegative for the HIV antibody by the enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay.’
- ‘An antigen assay using enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay technology has proven sensitivity of approximately 90%.’
- ‘In Nicaragua, for example, the national reference laboratory of the Ministry of Health adapted an enzyme linked immunosorbent assay kit for diagnosing dengue fever.’
- ‘In bancroftian filariasis, detection of circulating antigen by enzyme linked immunosorbent assay or rapid immunochromatographic testing has replaced microscopy.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.