Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[mass noun] Any of a class of proteins present in the serum and cells of the immune system, which function as antibodies.‘she was given intravenous immunoglobulin’[count noun] ‘they are susceptible to infection in spite of high concentrations of immunoglobulins’
- ‘The passive transmission of various antibodies from intravenous immunoglobulin has been reported.’
- ‘Each whey product varies in the amount of protein, carbohydrates, immunoglobulins, lactose, minerals, and fat in the finished product.’
- ‘Polyclonal immunoglobulins and other serum proteins were present in his urine.’
- ‘Antibodies, or Y-shaped immunoglobulins, are proteins found in the blood where they help to fight against foreign substances called antigens.’
- ‘Breast milk contains a range of antimicrobial proteins, including immunoglobulins, lysozyme, and lactoferrin.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.