Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Relating to or denoting substances able to produce an immune response.‘immunogenic vaccines’
- ‘Our results suggest that on UV irradiation, arginine can induce certain conformational alterations in DNA rendering it immunogenic.’
- ‘Most of these proteins which contain peptide repeats are also immunogenic and the host produces significant amount of antibodies against these.’
- ‘The authors have put forward a concept of identifying specific protein subunits which are immunogenic and using them as diagnostic markers.’
- ‘This approach is valuable for rapidly screening antibody specificities and assessing protein orientation needed for optimal presentation of immunogenic determinants.’
- ‘Though viral vectors are highly efficient for this purpose, numerous efforts are done to develop synthetic vectors because they are less immunogenic and pathogenic.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.