One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A technique for determining the location of an antigen (or antibody) in tissues by reaction with an antibody (or antigen) labelled with a fluorescent dye.
- ‘Cells were therefore processed for immunofluorescence staining with anti-tubulin antibodies in order to visualize spindle morphology.’
- ‘Spindles were detected by the indirect immunofluorescence method using antitubulin antibody.’
- ‘The resulting immunofluorescence images indicated antibody binding to the membrane through an increase in the intensity of the vesicle border upon the addition of the labeled antibody.’
- ‘Paired sera were tested using immunofluorescence or enzyme immunoassay methods to establish the serologic diagnosis.’
- ‘This is consistent with the uniformly distributed receptors found with immunofluorescence labeling.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.