Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[mass noun] A technique for determining the location of an antigen (or antibody) in tissues by reaction with an antibody (or antigen) labelled with a fluorescent dye.
- ‘Cells were therefore processed for immunofluorescence staining with anti-tubulin antibodies in order to visualize spindle morphology.’
- ‘This is consistent with the uniformly distributed receptors found with immunofluorescence labeling.’
- ‘Spindles were detected by the indirect immunofluorescence method using antitubulin antibody.’
- ‘Paired sera were tested using immunofluorescence or enzyme immunoassay methods to establish the serologic diagnosis.’
- ‘The resulting immunofluorescence images indicated antibody binding to the membrane through an increase in the intensity of the vesicle border upon the addition of the labeled antibody.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.