One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A technique for the identification of proteins in serum or other fluid by electrophoresis and subsequent immunodiffusion.
- ‘Serum immunoelectrophoresis did not reveal hyper - proteinemia or paraproteinemia.’
- ‘The diagnosis is confirmed by serum and/or protein immunoelectrophoresis, which reveals an increased amount of immunoglobulin gamma heavy chain not associated with light chain.’
- ‘The abnormal variant in both cases bound heparin normally but failed to bind dermatan sulfate as demonstrated by crossed immunoelectrophoresis.’
- ‘Isoelectric focusing (or crossed immunoelectrophoresis and starch gel electrophoresis in early reports) was considered the ‘gold standard’ for phenotyping.’
- ‘The immunoglobulin type can be determined by immunoelectrophoresis or immunofixation electrophoresis.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.