One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A technique for detecting or measuring antibodies and antigens by their precipitation when diffused together through a gel or other medium.
- ‘The author performed immunoprecipitation with immunodiffusion, using Petri dishes that contained 15 ml of 1.2% agarose in a barbital buffer.’
- ‘Immunologic or antigenic fibrinogen can be quantitated by radial immunodiffusion or enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay.’
- ‘Twenty-four hours after treatment, leaves were ground with a mortar and the expressed leaf extract was analyzed for proteinase inhibitor concentrations by radial immunodiffusion as described previously.’
- ‘Little impetus has existed for the development of modern enzyme immunologic assay methods, and most laboratories still perform commercial radial immunodiffusion methods to quantify the antigenic form of antithrombin.’
- ‘Radial immunodiffusion may be used as a means of demonstrating measurement of immunoglobulin levels.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.