Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The range of microscopical techniques used in the study of the immune system.
- ‘The present study was therefore undertaken to compare the distribution of the three islet cell types in the native and in isolated islets of rats and monkeys by immunocytochemistry.’
- ‘The specialized techniques such as immunocytochemistry and polymerase chain reaction are also used with slightly more promising results.’
- ‘For immunocytochemistry, grids were incubated with the antibodies against macrophages.’
- ‘Cytologic features and immunocytochemistry are helpful in distinguishing this tumor from others that share similar myxoid background.’
- ‘Although immunocytochemistry was not performed on our cases owing to the need to keep the slides for archival records, our hypothesis is further supported by a recent study.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.