Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Having a normal immune response.
- ‘Routine revaccination of immunocompetent persons previously vaccinated with 23-valent polysaccharide vaccine is not recommended.’
- ‘The fungus is capable of causing disseminated infection in immunocompetent hosts and is endemic to distinct geographic regions.’
- ‘When infected, 99% of immunocompetent patients are asymptomatic after low inoculum exposure.’
- ‘Included in the patient population were immunocompetent adults receiving ventilatory support in hospital or long-term care settings.’
- ‘Five of the six reviews reported a statistically significant reduction in pneumococcal pneumonia and bacteraemia among immunocompetent adults who were not otherwise at increased risk.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.