Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The branch of biochemistry concerned with immune responses and systems.
- ‘The authors concluded that immunochemistry was not the best technique for studying T-cell type 2 cytokine production.’
- ‘That was the chemist's approach, which laid the groundwork for immunochemistry.’
- ‘Experiments on animals have proved beyond doubt that even a placebo can cure by improving the immunochemistry of the body.’
- ‘State public health laboratories can test for hantavirus by serology, immunochemistry, or virus remnant amplification.’
- ‘Of course the diagnostics marketplace has many different segments, the largest of which are in the classical laboratory testing areas of clinical chemistry, immunochemistry, hematology, and so on.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.