Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[mass noun] The branch of biochemistry concerned with immune responses and systems.
- ‘State public health laboratories can test for hantavirus by serology, immunochemistry, or virus remnant amplification.’
- ‘Of course the diagnostics marketplace has many different segments, the largest of which are in the classical laboratory testing areas of clinical chemistry, immunochemistry, hematology, and so on.’
- ‘The authors concluded that immunochemistry was not the best technique for studying T-cell type 2 cytokine production.’
- ‘That was the chemist's approach, which laid the groundwork for immunochemistry.’
- ‘Experiments on animals have proved beyond doubt that even a placebo can cure by improving the immunochemistry of the body.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.