One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A technique for analysing or identifying proteins in a mixture, involving separation by electrophoresis followed by staining with antibodies.
- ‘The samples were processed by immunoprecipitation followed by immunoblotting.’
- ‘The specificity of this antibody towards wood peroxidases was confirmed by immunoblotting.’
- ‘Extraction of total soluble protein from tobacco leaves and immunoblotting using the above antibody was carried out according to standard protocols.’
- ‘Fraction purities were assessed by a combination of Coomassie staining and immunoblotting of electrophoretically separated proteins.’
- ‘Cells were harvested and protein extracts were prepared for immunoprecipitation and immunoblotting with the indicated antibodies.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.