Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[mass noun] A technique for analysing or identifying proteins in a mixture, involving separation by electrophoresis followed by staining with antibodies.
- ‘Fraction purities were assessed by a combination of Coomassie staining and immunoblotting of electrophoretically separated proteins.’
- ‘The samples were processed by immunoprecipitation followed by immunoblotting.’
- ‘Extraction of total soluble protein from tobacco leaves and immunoblotting using the above antibody was carried out according to standard protocols.’
- ‘The specificity of this antibody towards wood peroxidases was confirmed by immunoblotting.’
- ‘Cells were harvested and protein extracts were prepared for immunoprecipitation and immunoblotting with the indicated antibodies.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.