One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The reaction of the cells and fluids of the body to the presence of a substance which is not recognized as a constituent of the body itself.
- ‘In the realm of immunology, substances that cause immune responses or allergic reactions are known as antigens.’
- ‘We now have the ability to isolate those cells in a person's body that are necessary to generate an immune response.’
- ‘The body uses humoral and cellular immune responses to reject a transplanted graft.’
- ‘They then migrate to lymph nodes to initiate an immune response in the T cell areas.’
- ‘They will be looking for cell properties that may contribute to the faulty immune response found in lupus.’
- ‘Ebola virus kills quickly, giving the body little time to launch an effective immune response.’
- ‘Monocytes are crucially involved in adaptive immune responses.’
- ‘As with cryotherapy, the tissue left behind may stimulate an immune response.’
- ‘The shots stimulate an immune response that protects against future allergic reactions.’
- ‘Many different chemicals that are used in the immune response can now be made in the laboratory.’
- ‘Humoral immune response is seen though not implicated in protection.’
- ‘Each specialized type of cell is responsible for a particular immune response.’
- ‘A strong immune response is an indication that the body is fighting the cancer.’
- ‘And there's been enough time for evolution to have changed the genetic profile of the immune responses in different people.’
- ‘This novel vaccine induces strong cellular and antibody immune responses in animal models, including non-human primates.’
- ‘The technique measures the levels of biological molecules associated with an immune response by the body to bacteria in a wound.’
- ‘These cells have the ability to suppress the body's natural immune response.’
- ‘An immune response is a reaction caused by the invasion of the body by an antigen.’
- ‘Our bodies make much stronger immune responses to foreign cells of our own species than to cells of other species.’
- ‘One theory as to why these cells do not initiate an immune response in the periphery is anergy.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.