One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The state or quality of being immoral; wickedness.‘he believed his father had been punished by God for his immorality’count noun ‘her alleged immoralities aroused a public outcry’
wickedness, immoral behaviour, badness, evil, vileness, iniquity, corruption, dishonesty, dishonourablenessView synonyms
- ‘We did not and will not think for one moment to target them even if they were people of immorality and debauchery.’
- ‘But it may take two or three generations to get rid of this corrupt mentality and immorality of the present generation.’
- ‘This world is full of hope and joy, but it is also beset by evil, immorality and sin.’
- ‘The corruption and immorality that pervades the exercise is astounding.’
- ‘No country, no state, has ever survived in history on the basis of evil and immorality.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.