One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Earnings from prostitution.‘he was given a suspended sentence for living off immoral earnings’
- ‘The three arrested were being questioned on suspicion of living off the immoral earnings of prostitution and controlling prostitution for gain.’
- ‘The focus of the operations was on the disruption of the trafficking of illegal immigrants and their exploitation by ruthless people who live off the immoral earnings of prostitutes.’
- ‘The two men were arrested on suspicion of living off immoral earnings and having forged documents.’
- ‘He had been arrested by police officers on offences of living on immoral earnings.’
- ‘The laws around it are really complicated (for example, a woman can't be prosecuted for living off immoral earnings - in the eyes of the law you don't get female pimps) but essentially, Helen wasn't doing anything illegal.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.