One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Common complications that may follow fat removal surgery are bleeding, infection and thromboembolism due to prolonged immobilization following the surgery.’
- ‘Such pulmonary embolisms, leading to sudden death, can stem from immobilisation, multiple trauma and dehydration.’
- ‘The man said there was ‘nothing remotely sinister’ about his work, which the university said centred on ‘the development of a novel matrix for the immobilisation of enzymes for biotechnology’.’
- ‘Concentrating all our energies on one physical act, our obsession results in temporary immobilization.’
- ‘What this suggests, of course, is the ever-increasing immobilization of a life without options.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.