One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Far from being increasingly immiserated, many workers have experienced an increasing standard of living, and often vote for political parties committed to capitalism.’
- ‘Perhaps it's also a sly reference to the level of insanity required to embark on such a quixotic venture, one notorious for hobbling, immiserating and occasionally impoverishing even the proudest, toughest egos Hollywood has to offer.’
- ‘This a-historical machine will exploit and immiserate people on our behalf and exonerate us in the process.’
- ‘Meanwhile, proponents of intervention believed that markets, left to run on their own, would turn human beings into commodities, redistribute income upward, and immiserate a significant portion of the population.’
- ‘It is a human catastrophe that continues to immiserate and impoverish millions of people.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.