One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Meanwhile, proponents of intervention believed that markets, left to run on their own, would turn human beings into commodities, redistribute income upward, and immiserate a significant portion of the population.’
- ‘This a-historical machine will exploit and immiserate people on our behalf and exonerate us in the process.’
- ‘It is a human catastrophe that continues to immiserate and impoverish millions of people.’
- ‘Perhaps it's also a sly reference to the level of insanity required to embark on such a quixotic venture, one notorious for hobbling, immiserating and occasionally impoverishing even the proudest, toughest egos Hollywood has to offer.’
- ‘Far from being increasingly immiserated, many workers have experienced an increasing standard of living, and often vote for political parties committed to capitalism.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.