One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(of a computer display or system) generating a three-dimensional image which appears to surround the user.
- ‘I think, if demoed and marketed in a way that truly shows off its immersive control system and special features, it will be a major success worldwide.’
- ‘In the same way, games writers now need to move on a generation to what we shall call ‘continuous immersive absorption’ into a game.’
- ‘So, shouldn't a truly immersive 3D experience include a way of recreating binocular vision?’
- ‘Their aim is simple: to generate a truly immersive virtual reality environment that has a useful commercial function.’
- ‘It represents the most advanced and immersive interactive sports television experience created to date.’
- ‘The researchers have examined these and other questions by monitoring volunteers in an immersive driving simulator.’
- ‘The Dolby Digital 5.1 surround mix is immersive, involving, and consistently active.’
- ‘Spatial sound has been available for several years and primarily is employed in immersive virtual environments.’
- ‘He believes 3D displays will push the boundaries of games, enabling the most immersive experience possible.’
- ‘The idea is that the more players can genuinely change and create the online worlds, the more immersive they will be.’
- ‘In the end, this approach proves to provide a much more immersive, intense experience that we think you'll really enjoy.’
- ‘Computer games are an intricate blend of immersive graphics and creative gameplay programming.’
- ‘An immersive surround track would have been great in many of the scenes, but one is not to be found in any of the three options.’
- ‘For day-to-day use, the quality is fine, but it isn't suited for those of you looking for an immersive audio experience.’
- ‘Making the experience immersive by using more realistic graphics is another way of gaining attentional focus.’
- ‘It is a low-cost 3D immersive viewing system with a wide range of applications.’
- ‘It's a title so immersive and so awe-inspiring that every passion you ever had flares anew, and that game truly does become an experience.’
- ‘Gaming is one of the most effective interactive and immersive learning techniques.’
- ‘Certainly, if you have the speakers, 7.1 sound should be more immersive than 5.1.’
- ‘Audio budgets are often given short shrift, even as sound design becomes more critical in today's immersive titles.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.