One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(of a computer display or system) generating a three-dimensional image which appears to surround the user.
- ‘The Dolby Digital 5.1 surround mix is immersive, involving, and consistently active.’
- ‘Spatial sound has been available for several years and primarily is employed in immersive virtual environments.’
- ‘It's a title so immersive and so awe-inspiring that every passion you ever had flares anew, and that game truly does become an experience.’
- ‘Gaming is one of the most effective interactive and immersive learning techniques.’
- ‘Computer games are an intricate blend of immersive graphics and creative gameplay programming.’
- ‘It is a low-cost 3D immersive viewing system with a wide range of applications.’
- ‘It represents the most advanced and immersive interactive sports television experience created to date.’
- ‘I think, if demoed and marketed in a way that truly shows off its immersive control system and special features, it will be a major success worldwide.’
- ‘An immersive surround track would have been great in many of the scenes, but one is not to be found in any of the three options.’
- ‘Audio budgets are often given short shrift, even as sound design becomes more critical in today's immersive titles.’
- ‘Their aim is simple: to generate a truly immersive virtual reality environment that has a useful commercial function.’
- ‘For day-to-day use, the quality is fine, but it isn't suited for those of you looking for an immersive audio experience.’
- ‘In the same way, games writers now need to move on a generation to what we shall call ‘continuous immersive absorption’ into a game.’
- ‘Making the experience immersive by using more realistic graphics is another way of gaining attentional focus.’
- ‘In the end, this approach proves to provide a much more immersive, intense experience that we think you'll really enjoy.’
- ‘The idea is that the more players can genuinely change and create the online worlds, the more immersive they will be.’
- ‘He believes 3D displays will push the boundaries of games, enabling the most immersive experience possible.’
- ‘The researchers have examined these and other questions by monitoring volunteers in an immersive driving simulator.’
- ‘Certainly, if you have the speakers, 7.1 sound should be more immersive than 5.1.’
- ‘So, shouldn't a truly immersive 3D experience include a way of recreating binocular vision?’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.