One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An educational course in which the teaching of a foreign language is conducted exclusively in that language.‘he recently participated in a one-week Spanish immersion course’
- ‘The program plans to add other courses, including immersion courses in Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian and Spanish.’
- ‘The principal said they will be offering a Spanish immersion course as an elective.’
- ‘Our new Language and Culture Study Center has organized and delivered the first campus-based program of summer immersion courses in Arabic, Chinese and Spanish.’
- ‘We should consider stateside immersion courses, using native speakers as instructors in a controlled environment.’
- ‘Elementary schools offered Mandarin immersion courses aimed at making the anglophones bilingual.’
- ‘Last year, the paper paid for thirteen weeks of Spanish lessons for anyone who wanted them, and Schultz took an immersion course in Guatemala, also on the paper's dime.’
- ‘Their prize is a $1,700 federal grant to enroll in a French immersion course at Laval University in Québec City.’
- ‘Radical experimentation is required, starting with an end to compulsory language classes, and trying immersion courses for well-motivated pupils.’
- ‘A combination of the most up-to-date teaching and learning techniques supported by on-line and immersion courses should then be offered and made freely accessible to all.’
- ‘I hoped a three-week immersion course would push my linguistic skills to a new level.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.