One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The extremely large size, scale, or extent of something.‘I have no illusions about the immensity of this task’
- ‘There is no disguising either the immensity of the political moment, or the vast complexities of the choice facing us.’
- ‘Tears sprang to her eyes, as the horrible immensity of his disease was made plain to her.’
- ‘Joe was overwhelmed by the immensity of the space craft.’
- ‘The overall effect of these pieces is a sense of immensity.’
- ‘His answer, such as it is, reveals little if any grasp of the immensity of the problem.’
- ‘The beauty and immensity of the chapel are internationally known.’
- ‘It is the immensity of her crime that differentiates it from anyone else's.’
- ‘For a moment, the immensity of the sky made his head spin.’
- ‘His partners understand the immensity of the challenge at hand.’
- ‘I was in such an emotional state that I became overwhelmed by the tremendous immensity of the text.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.