One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Too large, extensive, or extreme to measure.‘immeasurable suffering’
incalculable, inestimable, innumerable, unfathomable, fathomless, indeterminable, measureless, untoldView synonyms
- ‘Radicalism hates moderation and measure, and compromise hates the immeasurable.’
- ‘In this sense at least, I suppose he chose one form of immeasurable infinity over another.’
- ‘He also showed that it is not immeasurable: we can give a precise mathematical measure to how big it is.’
- ‘The rest of those twenty feet took eons to traverse, and it was immeasurable suffering.’
- ‘The war was over, but the cost to ordinary people in human suffering was immeasurable.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.