One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘However, I think the fact that I was teaching aikido was contributing greatly to my company, and also in a broader sense both materially and immaterially to my country.’
- ‘As the window pivots, it tricks the viewer's eye into perceiving the suspended rod as passing immaterially through the frame of the window.’
- ‘It can be manipulated as a form of cultural authenticity working materially through both artefacts and their documentation, and immaterially through their connection to local practices.’
- ‘Your Honours, that is enough, we hope, to illustrate that 11A and 30B cannot be regarded as immaterially different; they are materially different.’
- ‘The ways to build them are to build them immaterially, in the mind.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.