One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The new magazine's managing editor promises information for both the seasoned wine drinker and the occasional imbiber.’
- ‘The combination would sometimes knock the imbibers out for a couple of days.’
- ‘The site offers colourful graphics and specialty products such as T-shirts and glassware, as well as amusing quotations from some of absinthe's most famous imbibers.’
- ‘Lovely, to be sure, but if it wasn't accepted as being classic, it would upset those more obdurate imbibers with its bravura.’
- ‘Cigar smokers and after-dinner imbibers reside next door in the even woodier Connoisseur Club.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.