One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A movement in early 20th-century English and American poetry which sought clarity of expression through the use of precise images. The movement derived in part from the aesthetic philosophy of T. E. Hulme and involved Ezra Pound, James Joyce, Amy Lowell, and others.
- ‘Yet these pieces' mixture of lyricism, imagism, meditation and narrative are all hallmarks of the prose poem tradition.’
- ‘Symbolism and imagism, stream-of-consciousness and surrealism were all tried out, and three of the poems in Experiment 1 were simply titled ‘Poem’.’
- ‘The first two stanzas of the above are very close to imagism.’
- ‘Modernist poetics, especially in its early formulation as imagism, also stresses the singularity of visual or tactile stimulus in conjunction with intuitive thought and spontaneous language.’
- ‘Within a remarkably short span of time they cycled through a variety of literary schools and trends, ranging from neo-romanticism to imagism to surrealism.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.