One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A thickening of the epidermis of an insect larva which, on pupation, develops into a particular organ of the adult insect.
- ‘The imaginal discs now develop into rudimentary adult appendages like wings, legs, and antennae.’
- ‘Because the dorsal body wall develops from the wing imaginal disc, data on thoracic body wall patterning are available in Drosophila.’
- ‘Why are imaginal discs present in some insects and not in others?’
- ‘The adult eye develops from a monolayer of epithelial cells, the eye imaginal disc.’
- ‘The genital imaginal discs contain primordia for both male and female reproductive organs and the major function of the sex-determination pathway is to repress the opposite sex primordia.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.