Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A very high-quality type of colour printer used to print glossy magazines, newsletters, or other documents.
- ‘With capstan imagesetters, the laser is stationary and the media moves.’
- ‘Our full range of imaging devices can be used as imagesetters or platesetters, simply by loading them with the appropriate media.’
- ‘Your imagesetter is already set to print to a file, and if you check this it just confuses things!’
- ‘Another difference between an imagesetter and a typesetter is in the format of the data.’
- ‘High-quality fonts provide additional information to printing devices, such as imagesetters.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.