One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person who draws or creates pictures for magazines, books, advertising, etc.
- ‘Quite a few of the artists at the top today began their careers as illustrators for books, magazines and museums and their attention to detail is evident.’
- ‘Other artists who contributed their talents were a trio of children's book illustrators.’
- ‘After the war he returned to easel painting and was also active as a book and magazine illustrator and as a designer of mosaics and stained glass.’
- ‘With 14 illustrators contributing to the book, one might expect some obvious discontinuity among plates, but that is not the case.’
- ‘Of all the problems faced by painters, illustrators and still photographers, one of the most difficult is conveying the sense of movement and motion.’
- ‘Gouse began his career as a pen-and-ink artist and an illustrator of books.’
- ‘In a carnival atmosphere, leading artists, architects, illustrators, cartoonists, dancers and unicyclists will join forces in a drive to get the nation drawing.’
- ‘Fine artists were at the top, while comic book illustrators were at the bottom.’
- ‘All I'll be doing is talking about my book, Mad Art, which chronicles the splendid illustrators for Mad Magazine.’
- ‘Since then, this award has paid tribute to the best of the best African-American authors and illustrators of books for children and young adults.’
- ‘For this reason, illustrators must finish their pictures by deadlines, while painters rarely have to do this.’
- ‘Most of my pals are either comic book artists or illustrators.’
- ‘She graduated in art and design at Falmouth in Cornwall in 1991 and was soon in demand as a wildlife illustrator for magazines and books.’
- ‘Special seminars aimed at readers, writers and illustrators of kids' books will run throughout the duration of the book exhibition.’
- ‘Another fundamental difference is that illustrators create a piece for an assignment.’
- ‘As a printmaker and book illustrator, his clear and imaginative compositions contributed to the popularity of emblem books.’
- ‘The Hans Christian Andersen Awards are the highest international recognition given to the writers and illustrators of children's books.’
- ‘Since 1991, 33 awards have been presented to the authors and illustrators of outstanding books.’
- ‘More than 200 artists, designers, photographers and illustrators will showcase their designs in the gallery.’
- ‘He notes that the company will monetize sales by selling images to users and splitting the revenue with the illustrators who created them.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.