One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Caravaggio returns to the half-length format of his early genre scenes, but all naturalistic bravura and illusionistic detail are gone.’
- ‘Two Mountains is one of her last depictions of illusionistic space: a canvas bisected by the image of a moundlike mountain and its nearly identical lake reflection.’
- ‘Indeed it is self-evident that all of the artists are not trained in terms of naturalistic or illusionistic modes of production, nor do they appear to be aware of, or influenced by any of the latest conceptual trends.’
- ‘Chardin's softer, more painterly realism exhibits a Rococo temperament stylistically fused with an illusionistic aim, each moderating the other.’
- ‘Magritte was an illusionistic surrealist who lived through the Nazi occupation of Belgium and war years of the mid-1900s.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.