One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The amount of luminous flux per unit area.
- ‘The vertical illuminances on the small targets were measured for each session and are shown in Figure II - 7.’
- ‘The preferred horizontal task illuminances supplied by the task-lighting luminaires varied from person to person, with an average of around 600 lux.’
- ‘The table overleaf gives average illuminances and minimum measured illuminances for different types of work.’
- ‘Quantitative statistical information is also provided in the form of minimum, average, and maximum work-plane illuminance.’
- ‘It is one of the main advantages of task lighting that this wide range of illuminances is possible, and is immediately controlled by the person requiring the illuminance.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.