One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Some people have very illiberally reported that Captain Phipps did not proceed as far as he might have done upon that expedition.’
- ‘An illiberally educated person meets new ideas with fear.’
- ‘Or am I alone in illiberally wanting to be told that Archer has been ordered to clean latrines?’
- ‘My sensing is that we haven't yet been bloodied enough to act illiberally so as to counter our illiberal adversaries.’
- ‘The Liberal Democrats behaved, as ever, illiberally and voted against.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.