One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
In a way that is contrary to or forbidden by law.‘she had been fined for parking illegally’‘illegally obtained papers’
- ‘They later claimed that the collection had been illegally exported.’
- ‘The court hereby finds him not guilty of illegally discharging a weapon.’
- ‘Several individuals were prosecuted for illegally downloading music and sharing it with others.’
- ‘All illegally parked cars should be clamped or removed.’
- ‘There is no suggestion that the company has acted illegally.’
- ‘My understanding is he came into the country illegally.’
- ‘Hundreds of thousands of movies are illegally copied each day.’
- ‘The film industry estimates that one in five teenagers have illegally downloaded a feature film.’
- ‘Many factories illegally disregard the minimum wage and frequently pay their laborers much less.’
- ‘Information leading to the conviction of anyone selling flour illegally will be rewarded.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.