One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A foreign national who is living without official authorization in a country of which they are not a citizen.‘illegal aliens who come here for economic opportunity’
- ‘The Aruban authorities are entitled to turn him over to the immigration authorities since he's an illegal alien.’
- ‘City officials emphasize getting illegal aliens into the taxpaying mainstream, not deporting them or denying them services.’
- ‘The illegal alien population is expected to touch 6 million by the turn of this century.’
- ‘In the face of economic recession in the early 1990s, illegal aliens became political scapegoats for all of America's woes.’
- ‘The retail giant recently settled charges concerning contracting illegal alien workers.’
- ‘The agency publishes a phone number for reporting suspected illegal aliens free of charge.’
- ‘As an illegal alien, he worked gut-busting, low-paying jobs in restaurant kitchens and on landscaping crews.’
- ‘In short, he lived the life of an illegal alien.’
- ‘In Danbury, Conn., the Mayor has called for the state police to begin arresting illegal aliens.’
- ‘To date, the defendant has not obtained resident status in the United States and she and the child have lived there as illegal aliens.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.