One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Cruel or inhumane treatment.‘he died from medical neglect and ill treatment’
abuse, mistreatment, maltreatment, bad treatment, ill use, ill usage, misuse, victimizationView synonyms
- ‘They have warned that failed asylum seekers are in danger of ill-treatment and abuse on their return - because they claimed asylum in Britain.’
- ‘These bodies should maintain and publish uniform and comprehensive statistics on complaints of torture and ill-treatment by law enforcement personnel.’
- ‘But it does not add up to deliberate ill-treatment or abuse such as would expose either of the children to a grave risk of physical or even psychological harm.’
- ‘In the past accusations were made by workers that management's neglect has led to the ill-treatment of animals and poor water facilities and accommodation for the animals.’
- ‘Although not all cases involve ill-treatment, research shows neglected children can be scarred emotionally and socially in the long-term.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.