One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘If people think that civil servants or ministers put their minds to this ill-advisedly then they couldn't be more wrong.’
- ‘The Coast Guard, by the way, unfortunately - and in my opinion, ill-advisedly - sank this wonderful contraption that was a vehicle for freedom for these people.’
- ‘It was ill-advisedly set up by Pats (who, incidentally, has never properly apologised for the horror she inflicted on me).’
- ‘He decided to curb his alcohol consumption and ill-advisedly he turned to the heavy use of cannabis.’
- ‘The Donner Pass was named after the emigrants from the Midwest who ill-advisedly brought their wagon train up through these mountains in 1844 and had to resort to cannibalism to survive the winter.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.