One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(of a person) mentally and emotionally unstable.‘ill-adjusted parents’
disturbed, unstable, neurotic, alienated, muddled, confused, unbalancedView synonyms
- ‘Far from ill-adjusted, he was later reported to have worked with his partner, Edmonds, for eleven years "without a word of disagreement".’
- ‘The teachers and parents appeared to be in close agreement as to who the ill-adjusted children were.’
- ‘Science fiction books and fantasy novels are read by people ill-adjusted to reality.’
- ‘There was seldom a moment in my otherwise ill-adjusted childhood during which I didn't think I was someone else.’
- ‘Ill-adjusted individuals can often find, in cyberspace, the illusion of validation and attention that might elude them in the real world.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.