One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(of a person) mentally and emotionally unstable.‘ill-adjusted parents’
disturbed, unstable, neurotic, alienated, muddled, confused, unbalancedView synonyms
- ‘There was seldom a moment in my otherwise ill-adjusted childhood during which I didn't think I was someone else.’
- ‘Far from ill-adjusted, he was later reported to have worked with his partner, Edmonds, for eleven years "without a word of disagreement".’
- ‘Ill-adjusted individuals can often find, in cyberspace, the illusion of validation and attention that might elude them in the real world.’
- ‘Science fiction books and fantasy novels are read by people ill-adjusted to reality.’
- ‘The teachers and parents appeared to be in close agreement as to who the ill-adjusted children were.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.