Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[mass noun] Inflammation of the ileum.
- ‘Advances in molecular techniques have by and large established the aetiology of regional ileitis (Crohn's disease) due to M. paratiibercnlosis, a species closely related to M. avium.’
- ‘The ileitis in this disease is acute and subacute.’
- ‘Ten percent of cases have backwash ileitis with involvement of the terminal ileum.’
- ‘A woman patient of ours had had multiple operations on her bowel for ileitis and colitis induced by radiation.’
- ‘Feeding hay to pigs is an aid for ileitis,’ Dan Wilson said.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.