One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A key designed to start the engine of a motor vehicle.
- ‘Foremost, the ignition key in the center console.’
- ‘When you turn the ignition key, the starter motor spins the engine a few revolutions so that the combustion process can start.’
- ‘The interior is great, it is intuitive and works well and you know it is a Saab because the ignition key is down by the handbrake.’
- ‘I turned the ignition key to start the engine and warm the car then returned to the house to get a cloth.’
- ‘A twist of the ignition key does not necessarily result in engine-start.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.