One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Whatever the problems or difficulties involved.‘we are going to smile and be pleasant if it kills us’
- ‘It will take all of their energy and wits to survive the beast known as New York, even if it kills them.’
- ‘You're gonna get over this stupid fear of cats if it kills me!’
- ‘Tomorrow will be a productive day if it kills me.’
- ‘We're going to do our darnedest to enjoy it though, even if it kills us!.’
- ‘We are going to get you two ready and you are going to have fun tonight, if it kills you!’
- ‘This is our land, and we cannot leave it, even if it kills us.’
- ‘You're going to learn how to operate that thing if it kills me.’
- ‘In 48 hours I'll be on a plane… so unprepared for this trip, but it's going to happen and I'm going to relax and have a good time, even if it kills me.’
- ‘I suspect the best solution to weight gain is not another miracle diet but more exercise, even if it kills you.’
- ‘I have set the goal of 500 for myself and, by jeebus, I am going to get there if it kills me.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.