One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Whatever the problems or difficulties involved.‘we are going to smile and be pleasant if it kills us’
- ‘You're gonna get over this stupid fear of cats if it kills me!’
- ‘I suspect the best solution to weight gain is not another miracle diet but more exercise, even if it kills you.’
- ‘I have set the goal of 500 for myself and, by jeebus, I am going to get there if it kills me.’
- ‘It will take all of their energy and wits to survive the beast known as New York, even if it kills them.’
- ‘Tomorrow will be a productive day if it kills me.’
- ‘You're going to learn how to operate that thing if it kills me.’
- ‘We're going to do our darnedest to enjoy it though, even if it kills us!.’
- ‘In 48 hours I'll be on a plane… so unprepared for this trip, but it's going to happen and I'm going to relax and have a good time, even if it kills me.’
- ‘This is our land, and we cannot leave it, even if it kills us.’
- ‘We are going to get you two ready and you are going to have fun tonight, if it kills you!’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.