One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The initiation week was idyllically fun and adventurous but frustratingly empty, because most of the people I looked up to either left the college or got segregated to different classes.’
- ‘The hall, now a hotel, is idyllically located on an island which is accessible only by a narrow, iron footbridge.’
- ‘It is, of course, the height of luxury, and its grounds roll idyllically from a croquet lawn to an organic vegetable plot to an ornamental Japanese garden.’
- ‘If one were doing a screenplay, it should not (MGM-style) show young Cathy and young Heathcliff idyllically united.’
- ‘Weather can be extreme, the climate producing idyllically still hot days and abrasive howling winds.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.