One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘As a historical interpretation, it built on the work of nineteenth-century custodians of revolutionary traditions, most famously perhaps Jules Michelet, that apocalyptic idolizer of The People.’
- ‘And idolisers are mostly irrational; I don't want blind worshipping.’
- ‘But idolizers and idols are used wherever gods are in flight and so announce their nearness.’
- ‘As well as pro-monarchists and pro-communists, there are a host of other sons and idolisers of long-dead politicians from the post-war era.’
- ‘I've been told that Herr Schmidt is not a great idoliser of Bavarian foods.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.