One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘As a historical interpretation, it built on the work of nineteenth-century custodians of revolutionary traditions, most famously perhaps Jules Michelet, that apocalyptic idolizer of The People.’
- ‘And idolisers are mostly irrational; I don't want blind worshipping.’
- ‘As well as pro-monarchists and pro-communists, there are a host of other sons and idolisers of long-dead politicians from the post-war era.’
- ‘I've been told that Herr Schmidt is not a great idoliser of Bavarian foods.’
- ‘But idolizers and idols are used wherever gods are in flight and so announce their nearness.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.