One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Practising idolatry; idolatrous.‘idol-worshipping paganism’
icon-worshipping, fetishisticView synonyms
- ‘I warred with the idol-worshipping hill chiefs,’
- ‘His first reaction was that the seemingly disdainful angry glance of Moses was directed at the idol-worshipping mob.’
- ‘As the entire idol-worshipping world stood on one side, Abraham and his monotheism stood firmly on the other.’
- ‘He had obliterated all traces of the idol-worshipping religion of his ancestors and replaced it with a monotheistic one.’
- ‘We may not be sure why, but Jesus ' astounding declaration of inclusion to what we can assume was an idol-worshipping Canaanite woman with the words "Woman, great is your faith!"’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.