One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Practising idolatry; idolatrous.‘idol-worshipping paganism’
icon-worshipping, fetishisticView synonyms
- ‘His first reaction was that the seemingly disdainful angry glance of Moses was directed at the idol-worshipping mob.’
- ‘I warred with the idol-worshipping hill chiefs,’
- ‘We may not be sure why, but Jesus ' astounding declaration of inclusion to what we can assume was an idol-worshipping Canaanite woman with the words "Woman, great is your faith!"’
- ‘He had obliterated all traces of the idol-worshipping religion of his ancestors and replaced it with a monotheistic one.’
- ‘As the entire idol-worshipping world stood on one side, Abraham and his monotheism stood firmly on the other.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.