Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
1The set of genetic determinants of an individual.
- ‘Since the combining sites of Abs and TCRs vary continually as part of the somatic combinatorial process, anti-Ab and TCR idiotypes arise continuously within the Ab and TCR components.’
- ‘The consensus idiotype of H. vulgare was based on scoring within the H. vulgare group of 57 lines, with band frequencies of less than 0.5 scored as 0 and all other frequencies scored as 1.’
- 1.1A set of antigen-binding sites which characterizes the antibodies produced by a particular clone of antibody-producing cells.
- ‘The first clinical study involved injecting monocyte derived DCs pulsed with idiotype protein derived from B cell lymphoma 36.’
- ‘Augmentation of immune responses to the disease with dendritic cells and idiotype vaccination is also being evaluated.’
- ‘If the antibodies used for immunoassays have similar idiotypes as the imagining antibody then these endogenous anti-idiotypic HAMAs may block the binding of the diagnostic antibodies.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.