One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1The set of genetic determinants of an individual.
- ‘Since the combining sites of Abs and TCRs vary continually as part of the somatic combinatorial process, anti-Ab and TCR idiotypes arise continuously within the Ab and TCR components.’
- ‘The consensus idiotype of H. vulgare was based on scoring within the H. vulgare group of 57 lines, with band frequencies of less than 0.5 scored as 0 and all other frequencies scored as 1.’
- 1.1 A set of antigen-binding sites which characterizes the antibodies produced by a particular clone of antibody-producing cells.
- ‘The first clinical study involved injecting monocyte derived DCs pulsed with idiotype protein derived from B cell lymphoma 36.’
- ‘If the antibodies used for immunoassays have similar idiotypes as the imagining antibody then these endogenous anti-idiotypic HAMAs may block the binding of the diagnostic antibodies.’
- ‘Augmentation of immune responses to the disease with dendritic cells and idiotype vaccination is also being evaluated.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.