One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘While there are several fine left-of-center sites, the blogosphere currently tilts right, albeit idiosyncratically, reflecting the hard-to-pigeonhole politics of some leading bloggers.’
- ‘At a time when most bookstores have enough floor space to sell station wagons or livestock, Query Books is one of the pleasant anomalies - a smartly and idiosyncratically stocked shop with more character than square footage.’
- ‘They do not hesitate to dress idiosyncratically, speak dramatically and in general cultivate affectations that would be bizarre in most other professions.’
- ‘On the other hand, there were five artists from Bidyadanga, a remote West Australian community producing vibrant idiosyncratically coloured canvases, which have shot up in price in the past 12 months.’
- ‘All that we have to show for nearly six decades of post-colonial art is a single monumental conspectus: an indispensable, if idiosyncratically argued, overview of art in India from the 1890s to the 1990s.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.