One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to or denoting any disease or condition which arises spontaneously or for which the cause is unknown.‘idiopathic epilepsy’
- ‘Panayiotopoulos syndrome is a new idiopathic childhood epilepsy, recently recognised by the International League Against Epilepsy.’
- ‘Psychiatric symptoms frequently coexist with idiopathic Parkinson's disease and are often underdiagnosed and poorly treated.’
- ‘Little is known about the pathogenesis of cough in idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis.’
- ‘Ulcerative colitis and Crohn's disease are idiopathic inflammatory disorders of unknown aetiology.’
- ‘Basically, idiopathic pericarditis is a disease of exclusion.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.