Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Relating to or denoting any disease or condition which arises spontaneously or for which the cause is unknown.‘idiopathic epilepsy’
- ‘Psychiatric symptoms frequently coexist with idiopathic Parkinson's disease and are often underdiagnosed and poorly treated.’
- ‘Ulcerative colitis and Crohn's disease are idiopathic inflammatory disorders of unknown aetiology.’
- ‘Panayiotopoulos syndrome is a new idiopathic childhood epilepsy, recently recognised by the International League Against Epilepsy.’
- ‘Little is known about the pathogenesis of cough in idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis.’
- ‘Basically, idiopathic pericarditis is a disease of exclusion.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.