Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- another term for identity parade
- ‘On 20th July 2000 Murray stood on an identification parade.’
- ‘If a case is of pure recognition of someone well known to the eyewitness, it may again be futile to hold an identification parade.’
- ‘Earlier on 26th April she had attended an identification parade.’
- ‘On 16 January at the identification parade he picked out Mr Keep as walking up Devon Way.’
- ‘One of the benefits of the system is that we can take the identification parade out of the police station.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.