Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Able to be recognized; distinguishable.‘there are no easily identifiable features on the shoreline’
distinguishable, recognizable, known, noticeable, perceptible, discernible, appreciable, detectable, observable, perceivable, visible, notable, measurabledistinct, marked, conspicuous, unmistakable, clear, apparent, evidentsensibleView synonyms
- ‘Most interviewees made little distinction between identifiable and anonymised data.’
- ‘Does this question not promote or seed hatred against an identifiable group?’
- ‘Supporters of ID cards will say there is nothing wrong in helping the police by being so readily identifiable.’
- ‘The campaign aims to trap thieves by making the phones instantly identifiable if they are stolen and later recovered.’
- ‘Next to the lute is an open hymn book, identifiable as the work of the great religious reformer Martin Luther.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.