One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Able to be recognized; distinguishable.‘there are no easily identifiable features on the shoreline’
distinguishable, recognizable, known, noticeable, perceptible, discernible, appreciable, detectable, observable, perceivable, visible, notable, measurableView synonyms
- ‘Does this question not promote or seed hatred against an identifiable group?’
- ‘Next to the lute is an open hymn book, identifiable as the work of the great religious reformer Martin Luther.’
- ‘Most interviewees made little distinction between identifiable and anonymised data.’
- ‘Supporters of ID cards will say there is nothing wrong in helping the police by being so readily identifiable.’
- ‘The campaign aims to trap thieves by making the phones instantly identifiable if they are stolen and later recovered.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.