One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Able to be recognized; distinguishable.‘there are no easily identifiable features on the shoreline’
distinguishable, recognizable, known, noticeable, perceptible, discernible, appreciable, detectable, observable, perceivable, visible, notable, measurableView synonyms
- ‘Does this question not promote or seed hatred against an identifiable group?’
- ‘The campaign aims to trap thieves by making the phones instantly identifiable if they are stolen and later recovered.’
- ‘Supporters of ID cards will say there is nothing wrong in helping the police by being so readily identifiable.’
- ‘Next to the lute is an open hymn book, identifiable as the work of the great religious reformer Martin Luther.’
- ‘Most interviewees made little distinction between identifiable and anonymised data.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.